Collection & Use of Information
Information we maintain on behalf of our business partners
In the course of providing the Services to our business partners, we may obtain limited personal information about our business partners’ clients, employees or other authorized users of the Services as set out below:
- Support Services: We may collect certain information (such as name, email address and query) when we provide user support services by phone, email or through the Services.
- Use of the Services: We may monitor use of the Services by our business partners’ employees or other authorized users in order to detect, investigate or prevent any actual or potential violation of our terms and conditions. We may also generate aggregated, non-identifiable data and use such information to monitor the performance, use and stability of the Services.
We receive and maintain this information on behalf of our business partners in order to provide the Services, and we do not use such information for any other purpose except as set out herein or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. We rely on our business partners to comply with applicable privacy and related laws when collecting, using or disclosing personal information in connection with the Services.
To learn more about information we maintain on behalf of business partners, see also the section entitled “Website Information and Analytics” below.
Information we collect and use through our Website and other interactions
- Inquiries: If you contact us with a question, comment or complaint, we may collect your name and email address in order for us to respond to your request. We may also keep a record of the correspondence in order to assist you in the future.
- Marketing Communications/Demo: You may select if you wish to receive email marketing communications with updates and other information regarding the Services by providing us with your email. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us using the opt-out or “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the communication. Alternatively, you may contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com or 1-800-572-8264.
- Job Applications: If you apply for a job at Cuboh, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as information contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials. We may also collect personal information contained in your LinkedIn profile, blog, website or portfolio. We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application and assessing your suitability for current and future career opportunities.
- Feedback: If you post or otherwise provide us with comments, suggestions and other feedback, we may use your comments, suggestions or feedback to monitor and/or improve our products, Services and Website.
Website Information and Analytics
We collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity, and to monitor and improve our Website.
Analytics: We and our third party service providers, including Google Analytics, collect, process, store and analyze information obtained from your browser when you visit our website, including IP address, device identifiers, browser characteristics, operating system details, language preferences, referring URLs, length of visits, and pages viewed. We also collect information about how you use the Services, which may include the pages most read, time spent, zoom pattern, search terms and other engagement data on the Website. We use this information in order to better understand and improve the Website.
You can obtain additional information on Google Analytics’ collection and processing of data and data privacy and security, including how to learn more about opting out of Google Analytics’ data collection.
We provide analytics to our business partners regarding the Services through our own proprietary dashboards, but we also use third parties to help us gather and analyze information about the areas visited on the Website in order to evaluate and improve the user experience and the convenience of the Website, and to help us evaluate some of the specific information related to your Website visits.
We may offer you with the opportunity to engage with content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. When you engage with content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account (e.g., name, username, email address, profile picture, gender) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the website, plug-in or application. When you provide information from your social media account, we may use this information to personalize your experience on the Website and on the third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, and to provide other products or services that you may request.
Transfers and Disclosures of Personal Information
Service Providers: In connection with our Website you visit or the Services we provide to our business partners, we may transfer personal information to third-party service providers who provide services on our behalf in Canada, the United States or other jurisdictions. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize to use or disclose personal information for their own purposes. For example, we may use service providers to host the Website, send email or other communications, generate leads, process payments, provide analytics and advertising services, moderate online discussions, and run our contests and surveys. For additional information about the way in which our service providers treat personal information, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
Sale of Business: We may disclose or transfer personal information to a third party as an asset in connection with a prospective or completed merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Cuboh, or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Legal Obligations: We, our affiliates and our Canadian, U.S. and other service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, for the purposes of detecting, preventing or suppressing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law (which may include lawful access requests by courts, law enforcement and government institutions in such foreign jurisdictions). Where disclosure of your information is required by applicable law, we promptly notify you prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so).We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property.
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect personal information in our custody and under our control against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure.
We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or provided to us or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
Accuracy & Access
If we receive a request from an individual to access or update personal information we maintain on behalf of a business partner, we will direct that individual to the relevant business partner. We will assist our business partners wherever possible in responding to individual access requests.
Subject to limited exceptions prescribed by law, you may otherwise request access, updating or correction of your personal information under our control by submitting a written request and satisfactory identification to Cuboh at the contact information set out under Contact Us below.